Social Media Engagement for 2018 & 2019:
More than 3 billion people are active on social media engagement globally, furthermore 76% of them log on daily. Knowing how to behave and post on social media is very important as this is a reflection of your brand personality and consequently influences social users to choose you or ultimately unfollow. Social media is also increasingly being used as a customer service platform where customers and potential customers want answers quickly and in real-time.
Here are some social media engagement tips we at Amped find very useful when it comes to marketing:
1- Start With A Plan
Understanding your business goals will play an integral part of designing any social media marketing campaign. Knowing who your target demographics are is the most important part of marketing any business. You should start by asking yourself some of the following;
- What is the intended goal of utilizing social media marketing?
- Who is your ideal customer / demographic
- Where, as in locations would your target generally be around
- How does your target utilize social media and for what purposes
- With social media marketing, what would your message say to that target?
- Your industry and business type will drive and be the decider on what strategy to utilize
2-Post Relevant Content
From small to large scale businesses, social media is a long-term commitment. The goal is to engage and communicate with your current and potential customers. Having a general strategy for content is always right while staying fresh and new with ideas that spring to life a type of cohesion and flavor to your brand.
- Quotes: Look to motivate, humor or inspire your followers and they will start building an understanding of your companies brand personality.
- Behind-the-scenes pics: Snapping candid or pre-planned shots of your workspace, employees, products or even yourself humanizes your company and is a great way to generate sincere interest from advocates.
- Statistics or data: Relevant statistics with updated details helps followers know that your company is knowledgeable while being appreciated by prospects.
- Post a branded image: Posting a unique picture with your branding, like logo or website, will efficiently brand your post in three different ways in a snapshot of a view.
3- Use Paid Targeting as a Tool
Once you’ve built a solid foundation of users and have advocates regularly engaging, maybe its time to expand. Use paid targeted advertising to drill down on the vast data pool of social media networks. Get in front of the right people, at the right time with the right message.
- Pick a specific target audience: Drill down on demographics, behavioral characteristics, location data and more.
- Run contests are fun and engaging: Get followers to promote & share your message.
- Video Posts: The future of content is all in the video, create short videos that entice or create a call to action, like or share are good examples to build engagement.
- Pics or Videos, make sure eye contact is correct: The human brain subconsciously follows eye contact, use this to direct attention.
Above all, social media engagement is an influential way for businesses small or large to reach potential consumers. Your targeted demographics are already engaging companies and brands through social media. By not engaging with them through social media, you are missing out on an excellent opportunity to increase revenue.
It is also important to know how your content may potentially perform. Focus on what features to use to optimize the reach content. Facebook is a great social platform for organic and paid opportunities with a vast potential reach. Amped Marketing has the tools and knowledge to help increase engagement while branding in the most effective way possible. Contact us today to get started!